When you scan for BLE devices, you probably notice a lot of no name devices.
More likely, there are iPhones. It’s good privacy feature as you don’t want to advertise your phone name to everyone.
In addition, Apple uses new Bluetooth 4.0 Privacy Feature, which changes its ID on a frequent basis. Thus, you can’t track.
- The only way to tell if it’s iPhone is using Manufacturer data. But you can’t track a particular one.
- Per Bluetooth Core Specification, Manufacturer data is type 0xFF.
Note: You can see this value from Core Bluetooth API \ didDiscoverPeripheral function \ advertisementData \ kCBAdvDataManufacturerData.
- 1st 2-byte is Company ID in little endian.
- If the is “0x004C”, which indicates Apple, Inc.
- Complete list here: https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/assigned-numbers/company-identifiers
The economist published a thought-provoking article “The future of jobs” on Jan 18th 2014.
I’d like to share it to everyone here if you haven’t read it:
Link to the article: The future of jobs
Recent Apple’s announcement of new Swift programming language caused confusion among developers. Swift, which should be called Apple Swift, is new programing language from Apple. Other Swift languages are not Apple Swift.
- Apple Swift: https://developer.apple.com/swift/
- Swift (parallel scripting language): http://swift-lang.org/
- Swift for building web applications: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/jif/swift/doc/index.html
This issue has been bugging me for a whole day. Tried google to search for answers. Clear out /Library/Caches doesn’t help. I finally reboot my mac in safe mode (shift key while booting) and it works. Hope it helps someone.
If you have NTFS drive & want to add Mac OS partition to it, you can use Windows Disk Management to shrink your drive and use diskpart to add HFP+ partition.
– Diskpart is a console utility in Windows 7. Type “Diskpart” in your console command line and follow the example below:
DISKPART> list disk
Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
——– ————- ——- ——- — —
Disk 0 Online 50 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 931 GB 278 GB
DISKPART> select disk 1
Disk 1 is now the selected disk.
DISKPART> create partition primary id=af
DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.
I frequently give out promo codes and got a common question: how do I redeem the code?
There are 2 ways to redeem:
1/ Via iTunes on your PC/Mac:
Redeeming iPhone App Store promo codes is easy. Simply click the Redeem link that can be found on the right hand side of the iTunes Store home page in iTunes. Or, you can use this direct link: iTunes Store Redeem
Once you’re on the Redeem page, paste the promo code into the field provided and click Redeem. You may have to enter your password. Your free app should start to download.
2/ Via App Store app on your iPhone:
Open your App Store app, New Featured is usually default view. If it’s not, make sure that bottom tab item is “Featured”, top tab item is “New”.
Scroll down to the very end of the view, you will see Redeem.
Click on it, enter the code then click Redeem.