Several enhancements made.
I fixed some bugs and improved performance on the stock value calculator. It should be much faster.
I developed a stock sticker price/intrinsic value apps for both android and iOS. The sticker price calculation method is based on Phil Town’s Rule #1 Investing book.
How to install IIS:
It’s pretty simple to install IIS: Control Panel \ Add or Remove Programs \ Add/Remove Windows Components \ check on IIS.
Here is the list of IIS versions on compatible Windows:
- IIS 5.1, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition
- IIS 6.0, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- IIS 7.0, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate Editions)
- IIS 7.5, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Beta) and Windows 7 (Beta)
Since I have XP Pro, IIS 5.1 is the only IIS version I can get. If you want IIS 7, get Vista or Server 2008.
How to install ASP.NET:
The easiest way is using Free Microsoft Web Platform Installer. Download here. Notes: Web Platform Installer can install IIS also.
- Choose .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.
- Choose Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition SP1.
- Open command prompt, type following commands to register ASP.NET with IIS:
cd C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 aspnet_regiis.exe -i
- Open Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Internet Information Services. Right-click on Web Sites under your server choose Properties. Choose ASP.NET tab. Select ASP.NET version 2.0.50727.
- ASP.NET 3.5 is included in .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. You cannot intall ASP.NET separately.
- ASP.NET 3.0 and 3.5 are ASP.NET 2.0 extensions. Installing ASP.NET 2.0 is all you need. That’s the reason why in IIS ASP.NET tab there is no 3.0 & 3.5 selection.
- If you don’t register ASP.NET, you will get “Server Application Unavailable” error while opening .aspx files and 2 following errors in pair in Event Viewer\Application:
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80131902 Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException Message: Exception of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException' was thrown.
- Other resources can be downloaded at http://www.asp.net/downloads
I ran into large result set in a single webpage problem. I googled and found these articles: